Weather Alert

Digital Underground’s Shock G Died of Accidental Drug Overdose

Digital Underground’s Shock G Died of Accidental Drug Overdose The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner has determined that Shock G, frontman for Digital Underground, died from an accidental drug overdose.  According to the report, the rapper died from a mix of fentanyl, ethanol (alcohol), and methamphetamine. He was found unresponsive in his Tampa hotel room after he missed his check-out time.  There were no signs of trauma and Shock was seen the day before his death by the hotel manager. The manager was the one to discover Shock’s body and immediately called 911. Shock G was pronounced dead at the scene. His funeral was held on May 1st. He was 57.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On